Southcott’s belief is that our children are entitled to 190 school days per year and we will do everything in our power to ensure that those days are available to them. The school will always remain open unless: the heating fails; insufficient staff are able to get to school; or we are advised by the police or the Local Authority to close.
If the school is unable to open, this will be communicated by 8:00am in the following ways:
- a text will be sent to all parents/carers
- the school will be marked as ‘closed’ on the Central Bedfordshire SOS system http://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/webapps/sos/
- a message will be placed on our web site
- a message will be placed on Heart FM and Three Counties radio stations
- a message will be recorded on our telephone answering machine.
If weather, or other external conditions, give rise to concerns:
- a text message will be sent to all parents/carers telling them that the school is open but advising them not to take any risks in getting to school.
If the school has to close during the school day:
- a text message will be sent to all parents/carers, detailing collection arrangements.
If weather, or other external conditions, give rise to concerns during the day:
- a text message will be sent to all parents/carers telling them that the school remains open but offering them the chance to collect children before the usual finish time if considered necessary.
Please help us to help you by:
- informing us of changes to mobile phone numbers
- checking that the school is open before dropping children off
- ensuring that children are appropriately dressed for severe weather conditions
- not attempting the journey to school if the weather or road conditions are dangerous.